Laetitia Vineyard and Winery
Welcoming You to SLO Wine Country
Perched on a hillside travelling north on Highway 101 towards Pismo Beach sits Laetitia Vineyard and Winery. Laetitia, meaning “joy” or “happiness” is one of the first wineries as you enter the SLO Wine Country. Turn off the highway, up the driveway, you won’t be disappointed. A visit to Laetitia will certainly bring you joy and happiness.
Pleasing your Senses
Be prepared to have your senses pleasantly overwhelmed as you park and approach the tasting room. Surrounded by vineyards, several spacious seating areas for sipping and picnicking, walking paths, an ocean view and bocce ball court, you will be “wowed” in anticipation of the experience awaiting you. And, you haven’t even started tasting the wines of Laetitia yet!
Entering the welcoming tasting room, you are in for a treat. The tasting menu offers many choices, and you may select an assortment of 5 different wines to sample. Laetitia began producing sparkling wines over 30 years ago, with a commitment to quality. All the “bubbles” are produced using the traditional “methode champenoise.” Choose from seven sparkling wines--a votre sante! An interesting note to the production of the “bubbles” is the time-honored “Coquard” wooden press that is used to crush the grapes. These are the same presses used throughout the Champagne region and (to Laetitia’s knowledge) are the only wooden Coquard’s in Northern America! Be sure to ask your wine host for a look!
After tasting the sparklers, rely on your host as what to taste next. Laetitia, best known for their bubbles, Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, have other wine options to explore. Among those are wines produced under their “NADIA” label (NADIA, meaning “hope”). Whereas the Laetitia label are all estate grown on the SLO property, wines bearing the NADIA name are grown in Santa Barbara County, mostly being Bordeaux and Rhone varietals. Experience the comparison between two very different climates, terroirs, and grape varietals. Following your tasting, you may be tempted (if you have brought a picnic lunch), to relax in one of the seating areas, with a glass of bubbly, try your hand at bocce ball, or just sit, sip, and let the gentle ocean breeze caress and mesmerize you, as you gaze out at the bucolic vista.
Attention to Detail-Protecting the Land
Laetitia’s wines reflect the land, which is treated with utmost respect. Sustainable farming is practiced, to the extent of using goats instead of herbicides for weed control. As a further commitment to sustaining the terroir and environment, in 2009 Laetitia became one of the first SIP Certified wineries on the Central Coast. SIP certification is all encompassing, including not only the winery and land, but a commitment to employees, the community and sound business practices that will protect the future. (Please refer to www.sipthegoodlife.org for more details).
Join the Wine Club-Join the Family
Become part of Laetitia’s family, assuring yourself access to award winning wines and a supply of Laetitia Sparkling Wines! Of course, wine club membership has many benefits, including winemaker dinners, a summer BBQ, member only events, discounts, and free tastings, to name just a few. With four different clubs to choose from (Sparkling, Red, Mixed and Pinot Noir), you will be able to find an option to fit your taste.
Look for the flags just off the 101, south of Pismo Beach. Take the turnoff to experience the people, wines, and grounds, which embody the joy, happiness and hope that is Laetitia.
Pinot & Paella September 16th!
Purchase tickets on the website
• During August, and sometimes into September, you can see the only Coquard grape presses in North America, as Laetitia begins the process of making sparkling wine in the traditional méthode champenoise style.
• Laetitia produces exclusively Estate wines.
• Enjoy musical entertainment from local bands on most Saturdays or Sundays; bring a picnic!
• Complement your wine tasting with a tasty gourmet cheese pairing prepared by Fromagerie Sophie of San Luis Obispo.
The Estate wines of Laetitia continue to garner awards and accolades year after year. A short list of recent recognition:
• Wine Spectator-13 top California Bubblies for the Holidays
• 2017 Central Coast Wine Competition-Gold, Top Sparkling Wine
• 2016 LA Int’l Wine Competition-Gold, 93 points
• 2017 Houston Rodeo Wine Competition, Double Gold, Top Sparkling Wine
• 2017 SF Chronicle Wine Competition, Gold
• 2014 Estate Pinot: Central Coast Wine Competition, Gold, 93 points
• 2015 Laetitia Reserve du Domaine Pinot Noir: Sf Int’l Wine Competition, Gold 90 points
• 2013 Laetitia La Colline Pinot Noir: Connosieurs’ Guide to CA Wine-92 points; Wine Enthusiast -94 points
• 2013 Laetitia Les Galets Pinot Noir: Wine Enthusiast-94 points
• 2013 Laetitia La Coupelle Pinot Noir: Wine enthusiast-96 points
• 2014 NADIA Cabernet Sauvignon: Houston Rodeo Wine Competition, double gold, reserve class champion
Stop, rest and sip at Laetitia as you travel the Central Coast