Award-winning, Estate-grown Wines and Locally Milled Olive Oils
Trattore Farms, home to wines and olive oil, have moved to their estate vineyard after seven years of construction. The tasting room leads to an outdoor patio with expansive views of this premier winegrowing region of Dry Creek Valley, synonymous for Zinfandel. Owner Tim Bucher sustainably farms 15 acres of vineyards to produce small-lot vintages of Rhône varietals such as Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Roussanne, Marsanne and Viognier. Olive oil is produced on-site from 10 acres of olive orchards ranging from one year to 180 years old using an Italian stone and hammer mill.
Newly Opened Tasting Room
The tasting room just had its grand opening in late 2015.
It is the scenic backdrop for casual or intimate gatherings.
A wood-fired pizza oven, barbecue and culinary kitchen
provide capabilities for gourmet wine, olive oil and food pairings. Bucher’s ties to the music industry, as chairman of the Grammy Foundation, bring well-known acts for special events, such as a recent Farm-Aid benefit led by Grace Potter and
Protecting the Land for Future Generations
Protecting the environment is high on Bucher’s priority list. Trattore, which means tractor in Italian, runs on solar power, and all irrigation uses recycled water. Coming from a family of Swiss immigrant farmers, Bucher understands the need to protect the land for future generations. He uses his background in technology and engineering to ensure his operations are efficient and sustainable. But that technology is all behind the scenes.
Visitors to Trattore will only feel welcomed like family—invited to take a relaxing break with a fine glass of wine and a breathtaking view of the surrounding Dry Creek Valley.
• Tim Bucher has an affinity for tractors since he was young, hence the winery’s name and the tractor logo on the wine bottles.
• Tim grew up in Healdsburg on his family-owned dairy farm in Russian River Valley. He began making wine when he was 17 years old.
• Wine club members receive wine and olive oil in their shipments.
• Trattore’s culinary kitchen allows for food pairings, guest chefs and corporate retreats.
• Food, wine and olive oil pairings
• Charcuterie/cheese board available daily $30
• Call ahead to see if the pizza oven is fired up that day.
• Book a tour of the grounds on Kawasaki mules,
includes a wine, food and olive oil tasting.
• Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Marsanne, Roussanne, Viognier, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Pinot Noir and Cabernet.
• More than 10 olive varieties such as Arbequina, Frantoio, Leccino, Pendolino, Koroneiki and Picholine