Larson Family Winery
Daily 10am - 5pm
With so many wineries to visit in the beautiful wine country, it’s easy to miss the hidden gems. There is one off the beaten path that is worth finding: The Larson Family Winery is located at the intersection of Highway 121 and Broadway, across from the Schell-Vista Fire Station. Driving through, you will pass rows of Chardonnay vines taking in the warm California sun. Nearby, a redwood barn draws you in to experience Larson’s down-to-earth, fun-loving, hard-working, dog-loving, country lifestyle.
The 101-acre ranch has been in the family since 1899. As you walk into their rustic barnyard tasting room, over the wine bar, hangs a hand-painted mural, chronicling the history of the family and the heritage of the property. This colorful painting takes you back to the days of the Wild West from steamboats, rodeos, racehorses and polo ponies to the current winery surrounded by lush green vineyards.
With roots in the western region of the Carneros appellation, and 70 acres of vineyard to work with, Larson Family Winery produces more than 10 different varietals. Their most popular wine is their Three Lab Cab named after their wonderful labs, Buster, Bubba and Pete; the inspiration for this Cabernet blend. Larson Family Winery’s award-winning wines include Millerick Road Zinfandel, Millerick Road Meritage, Larson Family Chardonnay, Larson Family Pinot Noir and Larson Family Cabernet Sauvignon. These magnificent wines and more are available only at the winery, online or through their wine club. Don’t miss the best of the best!
Bring the whole family for some fun in the sun. Pack a picnic, taste the finest wines in Sonoma Valley, play bocce ball or take a beautiful walk with your dog along Sonoma Creek, you are in for a picture perfect day!
“We drink what we can, and sell the rest!””
• Where the vineyards now stand was once the sight of the largest rodeo in Northern California.
• Seabiscuit, the champion thoroughbred racehorse, once trained on the property during the days of the rodeo.
• A Victorian farm house just across from the tasting room, called A Captain’s House, is available to rent. It sleeps up to nine guests.
• Bring in the whole family! The winery is both family and dog friendly and is home to a few farm animals, too.
• You can bring in a picnic lunch and enjoy some of the best views in Carneros!
Sparkling Brut, Sparkling Rosé, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cab Franc