Laurel Glen Vineyard
Tastings by appointment only 7 days a week 12-4pm
Laurel Glen Vineyard is a beautiful mountain vineyard .that is well known for producing highly rated Cabernet Sauvignon wines in the past under the direction of founder Patrick Campbell. Patrick focused efforts on developing and producing wines in Lodi and South America and eventually decided to sell the vineyard. In 2011, Bettina Sichel, a veteran of the California wine industry, became the steward of Laurel Glen Vineyard after teaming up with a group of wine lovers to purchase the iconic estate. She brings over 20 years of working with the finest producers of Cabernet Sauvignon and believes that with improved organic farming, more careful handling of the fruit and gentler fermentation techniques, the new wines are already noticeably more exciting.
One key upgrade was the addition of the Laurel Glen Vineyard Tasting Room which is open daily. Guests are offered two different seated tasting options. For $20, guests can taste current release wines. This fee is waived for members of the wine club. For $50, reserve a Library Wine & Chocolate Tasting and experience four vintages of the flagship Laurel Glen Vineyard Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, spanning at least 10 years of production. Both tasting experiences offer insight into the rich history of Laurel Glen as well as their future plans. Bettina, along with her knowledgeable winemakers and team, are on a mission to restore the stylistic elegance with a balance of acidity and fruit ripeness, finesse and ageability to their estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
To schedule your tasting, visit their website at www.laurelglen.com or call (707) 933-9877.
• As of 2014, Laurel Glen Vineyard is CCOF Certified Organic!
• Co-owner Bettina Sichel is the daughter of Peter M.F. Sichel, the man responsible for making Blue Nun a household name in America. She is the fifth generation of the Sichel family to work in the wine business.
• The vineyard is planted with its own UC Davis certified Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon clone.
Cabernet Sauvignon and Rosé
• 2012 Laurel Glen Estate Cabernet Sauvignon “Terrific lushness and beautiful purity and density.” – 95 Points, Robert Parker
• 2011 Laurel Glen Estate Cabernet Sauvignon – “It’s a classical mountain Cabernet with a profound structural integrity, built to last.”
95 Points, Top 100 Wines – Wine & Spirits magazine, February 2015
• 2015 Laurel Glen Crazy Old Vine Rosé Half of the fruit is Cabernet and the other half is red varietals from the original 1880s vineyard.