The Rhone Room
Those entering Sonoma from the south will receive a warm welcome to wine country with the opening of Sondra Bernstein’s Rhône Room at the property Sonoma Roadside, next to the Fat Pilgrim and Harvest Home.
The Rhône Room concept is, as are all of Bernstein’s creations, a collage of many elements. The first layer – a wine studio and lounge – serves as a tasting room where guests can enjoy a selection of the girl & the fig’s house Rhône varietal wines, as well as be introduced to exclusive and lesser-known offerings from local producers that focus in Rhône varietals.
Bernstein describes her vision for the project: “The Rhône Room is somewhat of a hub; first and foremost tasting, drinking and purchasing wine, but also a place to check in, make a reservation for the restaurant, join the Rhône Around the World Wine Club, see what events are happening in the Valley and have a peek at what’s in season on the farm … I want this to be a fun stop for visitors during their Sonoma itinerary and also a place for locals to enjoy a glass of wine.”
By uniting her love of Rhônes and all things Sonoma, Bernstein hopes that The Rhône Room will bring “the wine, the food, the valley, together in one experience.”
- True to form, “the farm project,” the restaurant’s culinary garden, is flourishing just steps from The Rhône Room’s newly constructed outdoor patio.
- Proprietor of the girl & the fig restaurant in downtown Sonoma, the fig cafe in Glen Ellen, and a bustling catering business and food truck, Sondra Bernstein describes her eateries’ conceptual blending of the rustic and the refined as “ Country food with a French passion.” Since opening in 1997, she and President John Toulze’s creative interpretation of farm-to-table dining.
- Wine flights highlighting winegrowing regions, varietals and blends (both regional and French) will provide an educational component to the tasting experience.
When visiting The Rhône Room, you have lots of options!
- Wine Flights
- Red Rhône Wine & Charcuterie
- Wine & Sweets Pairing
- Just A Taste - 4 Wines
- Rhône-Alone Wine & Picnic
- Exclusive Cult Rhône Wine Tasting