Monday to Sunday 11am-5pm
Food served daily, by appointment for tours and terrace tastings
October marks two years that Trattore Farms has been at their stunning estate vineyard location. The tasting room leads to an outdoor patio with expansive views of the premier winegrowing region of Dry Creek Valley, synonymous with Zinfandel. There, owner Tim Bucher sustainably farms 15 acres of vineyards to produce small-lot vintages of Rhône varietals such as Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Roussanne, Marsanne and Viognier.
With 10 acres of olive orchards ranging from one to 180 years old, oil is produced on-site with both Italian stone and hammer mills.
The tasting room is the scenic backdrop for casual or intimate gatherings. A wood-fired pizza oven and culinary kitchen provide capabilities for gourmet wine, olive oil and food pairings.
Bucher’s ties to the music industry, as chairman of the Grammy Foundation, bring well-known acts such as The Band Perry and Eric Church. The Foundation helps support music programs in public schools, something near and dear to Tim. Trattore also hosts Farm Aid House Concerts in support of family farms with John Mellencamp performing in 2015 and Grace Potter who performed at the winery in spring of 2016.
Protecting the environment is high on Bucher’s priority list. Trattore, which means tractor in Italian, runs on solar power, and all irrigation uses recycled water. Coming from a family of Swiss immigrant farmers, Bucher understands the need to protect the land for future generations. He uses his background in technology and engineering to make sure his operations are efficient and sustainable. But that technology is all behind the scenes. Visitors to Trattore will feel welcomed like family, invited to take a relaxing break with a fine glass of wine and a breathtaking view of the surrounding Dry Creek Valley.
• Tim Bucher has had an affinity for tractors since he was young, hence the winery’s name and the tractor logo on the wine bottles. Trattore has more than 12 tractors on site, with the iconic Bucher tractor stationed in the tasting room.
• Wine club members receive wine and olive oil in their shipments.
• Trattore Farms is great for private & small corporate retreats.
• Terrace Seated Wine and Salumi Tastings by appointment
• Charcuterie/cheese board and Panini available daily $30
• Wood-Fire Pizza Sundays (April to October)
• Book a Get Your Boots Dirty Tour while riding on Kawasaki mules, includes a wine, food and olive oil tasting.
• NEW THIS SUMMER: Wine & Local Salumi Seated Tasting
• Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Marsanne, Roussanne, Viognier, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah
• 10+ olive varieties such has Arbequina, Frantoio, Leccino, Pendolino, Koroneiki and Picholine