Monday to Sunday 11am-5pm
Food served daily, by appointment for tours and terrace tastings
October marks three years that Trattore Farms has been at their stunning estate vineyard location. The tasting room leads to an outdoor patio with expansive views of the premier winegrowing region of Dry Creek Valley, synonymous with Zinfandel. There, owner Tim Bucher sustainably farms 15 acres of vineyards to produce small-lot vintages of Rhône varietals such as Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Roussanne, Marsanne and Viognier.
With 10 acres of olive orchards ranging from one to 180 years old, oil is produced on-site with both Italian stone and hammer mills.
The tasting room is the scenic backdrop for casual or intimate gatherings. A wood-fired pizza oven and culinary kitchen provide capabilities for gourmet wine, olive oil and food pairings.
Bucher’s ties to the music industry, as a board member of the Grammy Museum, bring well-known acts such as The Band Perry and Eric Church. The Foundation helps support music programs in public schools, something near and dear to Tim. Trattore has also hosted Farm Aid House Concerts in support of family farms with John Mellencamp and Grace Potter performing in years past.
Protecting the environment is high on Bucher’s priority list. Trattore, which means tractor in Italian, runs on solar power, and all irrigation uses recycled water. Coming from a family of Swiss immigrant farmers, Bucher understands the need to protect the land for future generations. He uses his background in technology and engineering to make sure his operations are efficient and sustainable. But that technology is all behind the scenes. Visitors to Trattore will feel welcomed like family, invited to take a relaxing break with a fine glass of wine and a breathtaking view of the surrounding Dry Creek Valley.
• Tim Bucher has had an affinity for tractors since he was young, hence the winery’s name and the tractor logo on the wine bottles. Trattore has more than 12 tractors on site, with the iconic Bucher tractor stationed in the tasting room.
• Wine club members receive wine and olive oil in their shipments.
• Trattore Farms is great for private and small corporate retreats.
• Terrace Seated Wine, Olive Oil and Charcuterie tastings by appointment
• Charcuterie/cheese board and panini available daily
• Wood-Fire Pizza Sundays (April to October)
• Book a Get Your Boots Dirty Tour while riding on Kawasaki mules, includes a wine, food and olive oil tasting.
• Seasonal and Chef’s menu served daily
• Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne, PIcpoul, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel
• 10+ olive varieties such has Arbequina, Frantoio, Leccino, Pendolino, Koroneiki and Picholine